by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Wow, I mean just wow! I finished this book in under 24 hours and no it wasn’t a book reading binge that you read so fast you don’t remember anything really. This was a honest to goodness can’t put it down read every second I can book binge. I love Taylor Jenkins Reid books they are just superbly written and have such amazing likable characters so I was happy to read this one. I believe this one goes to the top of my list for favorite by her and for 2016. I enjoyed the story in all it’s ups and downs, through good times and bad. Emma Blair was someone I’d love to have as a friend, her whole family actually. I loved that she was a strong character and she ran a family bookstore, how awesome is that! She has some really tough decisions to make ones that will not only affect her but all those she loves as well. She has a great support system but they can’t help her all of it is on her shoulders and I wouldn’t want to be in her shoes. I agree with the ending and think it was the best and most realistic. While I don’t really agree with some of the things she did in Maine while coming to her decision I didn’t really give it much thought – to each his own and if she can live with it so can I. This is a Summer. 2016. Must. Read, so run out and grab a copy from your local book store or library. I know this is one I’ll re-read many times and while I’ll be nice and loan it out I will have my name in the cover so I can get it back.
Taylor Jenkins Reid is having a baby and a new book which many authors call them book babies. So BookSpark thought it would be fun to have a little book shower for her. I’m going to play along so here we go:
- The first book I ever read by Taylor Jenkins Reid was… Forever, Interrupted
- My Wish for Taylor Jenkins Reid as a Mom… Cherish each and every moment they are fast and in a blink of an eye they are teens. Capture the moments but also be in the moment. I have lots of pictures but sometimes it’s great to just be in the moment. You might miss that photo opportunity but you’ll still have that memory.
- My Wish for Taylor Jenkins Reid as an author… Keep writing wonderful book that I can read, and tell all my readers and friends about. You have a real talent and I can’t wait to read more by you. If it’s got your name on it I will buy and read it.
- My Favorite book by Taylor Jenkins Reid… One True Loves hands down.
- Who is your One True Love? I guess I don’t have just one I would say: My kids, family, husband… If I can only use 1 word maybe I’d say family and put them all in that category.
summary: In her twenties, Emma Blair marries her high school sweetheart, Jesse. They build a life for themselves, far away from the expectations of their parents and the people of their hometown in Massachusetts. They travel the world together, living life to the fullest and seizing every opportunity for adventure.
On their first wedding anniversary, Jesse is on a helicopter over the Pacific when it goes missing. Just like that, Jesse is gone forever.
Emma quits her job and moves home in an effort to put her life back together. Years later, now in her thirties, Emma runs into an old friend, Sam, and finds herself falling in love again. When Emma and Sam get engaged, it feels like Emma’s second chance at happiness.
That is, until Jesse is found. He’s alive, and he’s been trying all these years to come home to her. With a husband and a fiancé, Emma has to now figure out who she is and what she wants, while trying to protect the ones she loves.
Who is her ? What does it mean to love truly?
Emma knows she has to listen to her heart. She’s just not sure what it’s saying.
thank you so very much BookSpark Summer Reading Challenge and Taylor Jenkins Reid for sending me a copy of One True Loves. All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the free book.